Saturday, August 09, 2003

What up you?
I've got to mention my recent concert adventures. Two weeks ago, I went to the Phish show at Lakewood(hi.fi, ATL) and it was business as usual. Wonderful sunshine and rain, great show but..would I eat the food? No freakin way! Slime and sweat sandwiches tossed down with a ripe shadow. I did bring my own grub, though. A Missi Roti pita(the red one) stuffed with shaved roasted turkey, sauteed red onions, sweet German mustard and ripe Roma tomatoes. The feast was topped with Feta and washed down with a fresh PBR. MMMMMM Good Livin'! They played forever, which is a good thing, and the set list spanned galaxies and beyond and we danced, and, oh how we danced. You Enjoy Myself, NICU, Cavern and Guyute rocked and the rest is just an unforgettable cloudiness.
On Wednesday the 6th, again at Lakewood, I had the pleasure of seeing Poison. I gots to tellya, they put on one hell of a show!! I saw them at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem,PA(Lehigh Univ.) in the 80"s because my friend Carmen and I were bored of the Boxcar in NJ and took advantage of the cheap tickets. It was a great rock and roll show. On Wed. night, Poison pulled through like troopers. I got down to the stage(of course) and got a look at their faces. They were having a blast. And that's what carries over to the audience. They opened with their debut title track "look what the cat draggged in" and played their ballads and other neon-green-laser-unskinnybopshit-stuff to a great audience. WOW, I just said it...A GREAT audience in Atlanta. Who would of thought that! Rare. No food there, but my next show is Radiohead. I doubt that there will be any food there, too many critics. "I can look skinny too..," and pale...
Stay Tuned to cOOl fOOds--Season #2
On location episodes from places other than Atlanta
Recipe List to follow shortly

Happy Eating,
matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home