Wednesday, August 20, 2003

What up food fans?!
Just got done with show#1 of season#2. Tonight we had to pull one out of the fire. My guest never showed up, the asshole that he is. I'm sure he got drunk with a few teen-age girls and forgot about the show, but hell, can we really blame him?. Sure we can. Anyway, I marinated a swordfish steak in a Margarita and served it over a Summer slaw of Red Pepper, Yellow Heirloom Tomatoes and Red Cabbage on top of sliced Yukon Gold potatoes. I used the marinade as a sauce after I reduced it by half. It was fantastic! The meatiness of the fish and the crunch of the crisp slaw along with the perfect coating of the red wine vinegar and the sour cream. Heaveness! And the potatoes served as a nice sauce-catcher, almost like having some bread in your hand to finish it off. MMMMMMMMM.
I will be out of town next week. Taping shows in L.A. ( you're supposed to say it like Thurston Howell III). If all goes well, I'll make it home in one piece. I need a break anyway. It's been raining in Atlanta since Easter and I'm friggin' sick of it. Where's the sun?!?
P.S. My Margarita marinade was Tequila, sugar, sea salt, honey, sherry vinegar, cayenne and peanut oil.
Happy Eating...
Matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home